Year of the Eurocorn: Europe and the Growing Global Private Market Opportunity
There are already over 650 unicorns and pre-unicorn companies based in Europe that may provide interesting opportunities for global investors to access private company value creation*. But there are challenges to building efficient, compliant and effective global markets that span geographies.
Blythe Masters of Motive Partners hosted Forge CEO Kelly Rodriques and Deutsche Börse's Christoph Hansmeyer for a conversation about the growing European unicorn breeding ground and opportunities for building an efficient global market that spans the US, Europe and beyond.
- What characterizes the unicorn universe in Europe?
- What are the opportunities for investors today to access pre-IPO stocks?
- What trends are driving the need for liquidity by unicorn companies in Europe?
- What are the trends that signal increased geographically agnostic bets by private market investors?
- What hurdles are there to developing an efficient, global private market to deliver geographically diverse opportunities to investors in Europe and beyond?
- What other global markets are compelling institutional players looking to invest in private tech?